The House resolution, impeaching former ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez, was referred to the archives Monday morning.
At its first legislative session after the recess, the Senate voted in plenary to refer Gutierrez’s impeachment case to the archives after her resignation on April 29 made a trial unnecessary.
Gutierrez tendered her resignation to President Benigno Aquino III, 10 days before the supposed Senate trial on impeachment case filed against her.
The resignation of Gutierrez, an appointee of former President and now Pampanga Representative Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, took effect last May 6.
Majority Leader Vicente Sotto III said the House committee on justice had already written the Senate saying the resignation made Gutierrez’s impeachment moot.
Sotto said the Senate had to dispose of the impeachment resolution “to allow the Senate to focus on more urgent and vital legislation.”
Earlier, Senator Juan Ponce Enrile said impeachment proceedings may no longer push through following Gutierrez’s resignation. <a href=”http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/local-news/2011/05/09/senate-archives-impeach-complaint-vs-gutierrez-154369″ target=”_blank”><b>(more)</b></a>
Originality and creativity – 40%
Adherence to theme – 30%
Overall appeal (includes number of Facebook “Likes”) – 30%
* Bonus of five points if original music is used
The top three selections will be published in the Sun.Star Cebu Yearbook issue of 2012 and included in a DVD to be inserted into the Yearbook.
Winners will receive the following: Gold award – US$500 cash, Silver award – US$200 cash and one Bronze award — US$100 cash.
1. Log on to your Youtube account
2. Click “Upload” found on top of the YouTube page.
3. To upload a video, click “Upload video” or record a video with your computer camera, click “Record from webcam.”
4. By clicking “Upload video”, you will be led to your computer files. From there, select the file.
5. After selecting the file, upload will begin shortly.
6. Once upload is finished, you may change the title of the video, add description, and add tags, then click “Save changes.”
7. On the same web page, scroll up, and click the link — that is the link of your uploaded video.
8. Get the link of the video entry. Copy and paste the link of your music video on the body of an e-mail form. State your name, and current address. In the subject line of the e-mail, write “Music Video Contest” and your name. Send the e-mail to email@example.com
1. Go to the Sun.Star Cebu Yearbook Video Contest 2012 fan page.
2. Click the Video Icon on our Facebook Group Wall. Click Upload a Video from your drive.
3. You will find Select a video file on your computer. Click on Choose File and find your video file.
5. Type the video details on the textbox. Include the following: Full name, Full name of Photographer, Location, Video Title. Then click Share button.
6. Check if your video was successfully uploaded here
Use your video camera, high-resolution camera phone or digital device to take video or still photos that you can transform into a music video.
LIKE us on Facebook. Click the LIKE button on this link Sun.Star Cebu Yearbook Video Contest 2012 and upload your I love Cebu music video entry.
If uploaded on Youtube, copy and paste the link of your music video on the body of an e-mail form.
In the subject line of the e-mail, write “Music Video Contest” and your name.
If residing outside Cebu or abroad, include your hometown address in Cebu.
In the message form of the e-mail, put the link to your video entry, state your name, and current address. Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to save your original, high-resolution file as this would be needed if your entry wins.
State of original music was used. Sun.Star does not promote the infringement of copyright, intellectual property or propriety rights of others.
All submissions automatically become the property of Sun.Star Publishing Inc.
Invite your friends to “Like” your entry on Facebook.
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges whose decision will be final.
Entries must convey the theme of — I love Cebu”
Contest is open to Cebuanos inside and outside the Philippines
Video should be original. Use of original music will mean extra points.
Video length limit:
Three (3) minutes or less. The entry should be an avi, wmv or mpeg format.
July 30, 2011
BACOLOD City Mayor Evelio R. Leonardia said the holding of the 6th Bacolaodiat Festival, which highlighted the city’s Chinese New Year celebration, last February 3-6 was successful.
“This is definitely a resounding success,” Leonardia said Sunday during the Champions Night at SM City Bacolod where the winners of the lantern dance contest rendered their winning performances while the festival committee also awarded the winners of the giant rabbit lantern competition. (more)
THE Chinese community all over the country welcomes the Chinese New Year with spectacular fireworks display, but not in Davao City as the total firecracker ban has been implemented for 10 years now.
But this never dampened the spirits of the Chinese and Filipino-Chinese nationals living in the city as they continued to celebrate the Chinese New Year, sans the loud firecracker explosions. (more)
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — Filipino-Chinese residents in Cagayan de Oro are one in welcoming the Year of the Metal Rabbit on February 3 with much fanfare and merriment.
Lots of activities have earlier been lined up by Chinese schools, civic and religious groups to make the celebration more meaningful. (more)