At 3 p.m. of Saturday, March 23, Cebu City firefighters responded to an emergency call from local neighborhood residents at Junquera extension 1, Cebu City, Philippines, when they saw black smoke escaping from the 2nd floor windows.
The cause of the fire was a household appliance in one of the 2nd floor apartments.
There were no reported injuries, but the building did sustain extensive smoke damage.
The residents of the apartment, where the fire started, are from Bohol. Names were withheld.
View these photos below taken by Fritzie Gonzales.
The siren of the fire trucks woke me up around 3:00 in the morning. I guess it was a good thing since I will be on duty around 4 a.m. but I digress. Didn’t know that the fire was near our place until I got to the office and an officemate told me where it was. March is suppose to be “Fire Prevention Month”, or am I in the wrong country? I understand that accidents do happen, however, we should all stay vigilant and do some preventive measure on all things that could start fires. Not just this month, but throughout all the years our lives.
Photo taken at JY IT Center Building in Lahug, Cebu City.
By Joseph Vincent Evangelista