The top three selections will be published in the Sun.Star Cebu Yearbook issue of 2012 and included in a DVD to be inserted into the Yearbook.
Winners will receive the following: Gold award – US$500 cash, Silver award – US$200 cash and one Bronze award — US$100 cash.
1. Log on to your Youtube account
2. Click “Upload” found on top of the YouTube page.
3. To upload a video, click “Upload video” or record a video with your computer camera, click “Record from webcam.”
4. By clicking “Upload video”, you will be led to your computer files. From there, select the file.
5. After selecting the file, upload will begin shortly.
6. Once upload is finished, you may change the title of the video, add description, and add tags, then click “Save changes.”
7. On the same web page, scroll up, and click the link — that is the link of your uploaded video.
8. Get the link of the video entry. Copy and paste the link of your music video on the body of an e-mail form. State your name, and current address. In the subject line of the e-mail, write “Music Video Contest” and your name. Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Go to the Sun.Star Cebu Yearbook Video Contest 2012 fan page.
2. Click the Video Icon on our Facebook Group Wall. Click Upload a Video from your drive.
3. You will find Select a video file on your computer. Click on Choose File and find your video file.
5. Type the video details on the textbox. Include the following: Full name, Full name of Photographer, Location, Video Title. Then click Share button.
6. Check if your video was successfully uploaded here
Use your video camera, high-resolution camera phone or digital device to take video or still photos that you can transform into a music video.
LIKE us on Facebook. Click the LIKE button on this link Sun.Star Cebu Yearbook Video Contest 2012 and upload your I love Cebu music video entry.
If uploaded on Youtube, copy and paste the link of your music video on the body of an e-mail form.
In the subject line of the e-mail, write “Music Video Contest” and your name.
If residing outside Cebu or abroad, include your hometown address in Cebu.
In the message form of the e-mail, put the link to your video entry, state your name, and current address. Send the e-mail to email@example.com
Remember to save your original, high-resolution file as this would be needed if your entry wins.
State of original music was used. Sun.Star does not promote the infringement of copyright, intellectual property or propriety rights of others.
All submissions automatically become the property of Sun.Star Publishing Inc.
Invite your friends to “Like” your entry on Facebook.
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges whose decision will be final.
Entries must convey the theme of — I love Cebu”
Contest is open to Cebuanos inside and outside the Philippines
Video should be original. Use of original music will mean extra points.
Video length limit:
Three (3) minutes or less. The entry should be an avi, wmv or mpeg format.
July 30, 2011
MANILA — The order of Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez to file plunder charges against Agriculture officials involved in the P728-million Fertilizer Fund Scam will have no effect on her impeachment case, lawmakers said.
Gutierrez on Friday ordered the filing of plunder charges against former Agriculture secretary Luis Lorenzo, former undersecretary Jocelyn “Joc-Joc” Bolante, and former assistant secretary Ibarra Poliquit and others “in conspiracy with one another.”
Marikina Representative Miro Quimbo said the filing of the charges was an “afterthought” and will not weaken the articles of impeachment filed in the Senate.
“How can it? The offense is precisely for failure to file within a reasonable time from the commission of the offense,” said Quimbo, who is a member of the prosecution panel of the House of Representatives. (more)
MALACANANG assured Wednesday that it will not tolerate wrongdoing if ever several allies of President Benigno Aquino III will be proven guilty of benefitting from the allegedly misused fertilizer funds.
“It is not the policy of the Aquino administration to do that. We won’t tolerate [that],” deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said.
She refused to make further comments on the alleged involvement of Aquino’s allies in the fertilizer fund scam, saying it would be better to leave the issue to the Ombudsman.
“The Ombudsman should explain their reason for the filing of the cases against these people,” she said.
The Office of the Ombudsman identified former Bukidnon Representative Nereus Acosta Jr., Albay Provincial Governor Jose “Joey” Salceda and Palawan Governor Abraham Kahlil Mitra as three officials who supposedly obtained funding from the government’s Farm Inputs/Farm Implements Program (FIFIF). (more)
MANILA — Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez confirmed she tendered her resignation to President Benigno Aquino III Friday morning, 10 days before the Senate trial on impeachment case filed against her.
Gutierrez, in a press conference Friday afternoon, said she personally went to Aquino at 10:30 a.m. to hand over her one-page letter, which the President accepted.
The Ombudsman’s resignation, which she decided two weeks ago, will take effect on May 6.
She said she thanked the President for “graciously accommodating” her and the kind words he said to her.
Gutierrez said that she had wanted to defend herself at the Senate and she recognized that the Philippines needs “a full-time Ombudsman and a full-time Congress.” (more)